Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Things I Have Learned from my Kindergarten Class (lately)

1.One Skittle can do amazing things. Yep, a Skittle. It doesn't matter red, green, yellow, orange....
2.Not getting one Skittle can make some cry and cry and cry. And I am talking real tears.
3.One sticker can do amazing things. Yep, one little sticker.
4.They do not forget anything. Like when you promise to give them a sticker or a Skittle. They will remind you.
5.Some of them stay up wayyyyyy toooo late.
6.Some of them watch shows they shouldnt. For example, several of my boys were singing "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" Um, they watch COPS? They are five!
7.The day goes by much faster with five years old than yucky fifth graders from last year.
8.They love routines. Tomorrow is probably going to be WILD...not our routine, going to the PUMPKIN PATCH!
9.According to them, Ms. Williams can do anything. (Overheard one little boy telling another little boy that. Sure makes me feel good!!!!! Glad someone thinks that!!)
10.They are all a little OCD......it could be a loose tooth, a hangnail, whatever. That is ALL they are going to talk about all day long.
11.They are little liars (at times). One told me the other morning that her grandfather got shot in the house. WHAT???? I said should I call your mom and ask her about that? Then it turned into a dream that she had. How convenient.
12.They love food. Doesn't matter what it is: cookies, pancakes, applesauce, chips....They love snacktime. I have even seen some eat the crumbs off the floor. They will even cry if their parents forget to pack them a snack.
13.Last but not least, they love to brown nose. I think that I could come to school wearing a grocery sack and someone would tell me how pretty my dress looks! Gotta love it! Great EGO booster!

No comments: