Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Po' Folks

POOR MAN'S DINNER.........














So tonight for dinner, I made a poor folks dinner.
Let me tell you how cheap it is:
1 can of pink salmon : $1.89
1 egg
1/2 cup meal
1/2 cup flour
some grated onion

Mix together and make patties and then fry in a pan.

With this, I made grits...cheap like $1.50 for a box of quick grits...the cheese is what is expensive, but already had it.

Then made some homemade roumelade....some mayo, hot sauce, wickles, worcetershire sauce, and some pepper.

Looks pretty good huh? Well if you don't like canned Salmon I guess you are out of luck. But this dinner could be under $5 bucks!!!

Freddie ate and this made this little plate to save? For leftovers? Not quite sure but I thought it looked pretty so I took a pic!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Girl, I love me a salmon patty!