Thursday, April 23, 2009

First Graders

I want to say that I have not been very good about posting funny stories about my kiddos. So for this Terrific Thursday I will list a few.

-I was giving a students a little test (had to read a story and see how many words per minute and then had to answer 5 comprehension questions). This particular student is a very smart girl but her English is not the greatest. I don't believe that she was born in this country. Like for instance she will write a sentence and say "I see dog". Leaves out the articles. Well the story she read was about a teacher who has a big box and pulls out a toy animal, an animal who is gray and swims to the top to get air and the students guess that it is a dolphin...same scenerio and it is a penguin...well the question is..."What else do you think the teacher had in the box?" (The suggested answer says any other ocean animals....know what the child says? BUTTER. I said what? She says Butter? I said I can't really understand can you spell that for me. She says B. U.  T. T. E. R. I said butter? And she nods her head. WHAAATTTT? Maybe the whole language thing is messing her up...but butter? Because butter comes in a box? If anyone understands this story, PLEASSSSEEEEEE let me know!!

-Also my students have decided their new thing is to rub my shoulders. They want to "beat on my shoulders, or do the chainsaw, or massage my shoulders." I mean okay if you really want to....and then a little boy I think on Tuesday says..."Can I rub your feet?" Can I get this little boy to come home with me and teach my hubby a thing or two?

-Then a little girl in my room told me that her mom went out on Saturday night with her friends and on Sunday she did not feel good at all and had diarrhea. I was thinking a little too much drinkies...probably so! I am sure her mom would DIE if she knew her little one was telling me this!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the little girl from like a Nordic country that eats lots of ocean animals?

And at least the other girl didn't announce that her mommy got drunk!
(You just knew it!)

Melissa said...

LOL the last one is hysterical! Kids tell all of your business!

Sawatzky family said...

LMAO!
I wonder what stories my little guy tells about us at school lol
Great stories! I am sure you have a never ending source of gems ;0
Thanks for sharing
Shelly and gang

Anonymous said...

Taking the time to read through the following tips will help you need to do the perfect task to perform your home improvement projects that you are contemplating undertaking. Use the details which you have discovered using this report to the preparing of your respective undertaking and like the beauty of the done task.Start Using These Ideas To Properly Handle Pressure [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Illnerev5ss[/url]