Friday, May 1, 2009

Ricky Bobby

Talladega Baby!!!

Last weekend hubby took me to my first Nascar Experience. I have never been to a race and have always wanted to go...just to see. He is a big fan and when he was little he and his dad would watch the races. Apparently, they had to race home from church on Sundays!

Well my first race was Talladega in Alabama. Not sure if it is really like the movie...although some drunk from Texas kept calling my hubby Ricky Bobby? Have yall seen that movie..if not it is HILARIOUS! Rent it!

I took lots of pictures so beware...I am including them below! I did have a great time although at one point I got a little too hot (it started at 1:30 and we were the closest to the sun...we had seats on the very top row of the stand...near turn 2, if that means anything to you race fans!)


Okay...this is the typical REDNECK woman at Nascar...overweight woman (well not all of them) with tight jeans or jean shorts and a bikini top?!!! Gives a whole new meaning to "muffin top". I did get sunburned but not because I was wearing a bikini top!

A close up of some cars zooming by...
This was a the beginning of the race...too cool!
Me and Hubby, he ran out of beer (you can take inside so he can to get some BIG Buds!)
My man Dale Junior is the second car...can you see him?
Me and Hubby, our Australian friend (who came all the way for the race) took our picture.
Everyone leaving the race. Craziness!
More of turn 2. Our view from the top.
Pre-gaming it. Glad Hubby borrowed a tent..otherwise I really would have been sunburned!
Look at this redneck truck...Peeing on 24 (Jeff Gordon for any of you who don't know) and Junior Da Man! HA!!!!
Can you see the yell0w bus. Lots bring those to camp in for the week?!!!
Where we parked. Close to our seats!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to Daytona with my HS boyfriend. His family had an RV in the infield. Redneck Heaven!!! And there must not have been a mirror in a 5 mile radius, except for mine of course! :)

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! My fiance and I watch Nascar on TV sometimes, but we've never been to a race!

That woman's outfit kills me! :P

Sawatzky family said...

That looks like it would be a blast to go and see in person. To funny about the muffin tops icky...lol
Your pictures remind me i still need a white tank top! lol
Shelly