Monday, November 19, 2007

Kindergarten Kronicles, Part "I lost count"



Let's call this post, Jylon and the Bean.
My class was playing "number" BINGO today and they were using dry beans as markers. Much easier than those cardboard things the game comes with. Anyhoo, the following scenerio plays out:

Jylon: I need some tissue. (hand covering nose).
Me: (I give him some.)
Jylon: Need another...
Me: (I am thinking is snot just pouring out his nose or what?)
Me: Why do you keep getting tissue?
Jylon: (Looks down....like he has done something wrong)
Girl student: Um, Miss Williams, Jylon stuck a bean up his nose.

So I make him blow into a tissue and then look. YEP!!! Bean up the freaking nose. What is with my students? I had one put erasers in her ears, now beans up the nose.

I see the bean right at the tip of his nose. So I take a paperclip and unfold and decide that is my best bet.

Jylon and class too: MISS WILLIAMS, What are you doing with that paperclip?
Me: I am going to get the bean out of his nose!!
Class: Are we going to play some more BINGO?
Me: When I get this bean out of Jylon's nose!
Class: GROOOSSSSSS!

Bean comes out and lands on tissue. Of course, it was probably the biggest bean I gave him. What the heck? Why a bean up the nose....no idea. He wouldn't give me a reason. Let's just say, my class can be very entertaining.........

PS...I made him throw the rest of his beans in the trash. He might have tried to stick those up the nose as well. Can't have a weak stomach to be a kindergarten teacher!


1 comment:

LeslieW. said...

I laughed out loud! That is so funny, I love it. You know, Kane used to get stuff stuck in his nose all the time, erasers and raisins that I can remember. Might want to keep some tweezers on hand in case it happens again!