Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Edisto Shrimp

Tonight's dinner included some shrimp from Edisto my parents brought back to us from their weekend at the beach. I found a good way to cook them:
It was called " Louis Lagarde" Shrimp. And I am impressed with my recipe. Apparently he was a famous colonel who wrote a book about Gunshot Injuries back in the day. So maybe it will make ya shot someone it is so spicy. Actually it was pretty damn spicy (had cayenne pepper) in it. I found it in my 'Pon Top Edisto cookbook I have and it was good with some french bread (to sop up ya sauce with) and some cheese grits and some roasted green beans (my new favorite...I could eat them EVERY night!!!!)
Here are what the leftovers look like:
If you want the recipe, let me know! :)

Well, here it is:
Louis Legarde Shrimp

½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
½ teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon thyme
1 pound large shrimp in shell
¼ cup white wine

Combine butter and spices in a skillet and heat.
Add shrimp and wine. Cook until shrimp turn pink about 3 minutes.
Serve with crusty French bread for dunking in sauce.

Remember: spicy and fun!

4 comments:

Dena said...

YUCK - i is allergic and have texture issues!

The Birds Nest said...

YUMMY!!! I must have the recipe. Please e-mail when you get a chance to ladoolen@msn.com. I think I might have to get that cookbook too.

Amy said...

That sounds Super YUMMY!!

Lacy Rose said...

Those look scrumptious!!
Email me the recipe when you can please!
Jettacat82@aol.com