Saturday, August 25, 2007

Kindergarten Kronicles Part I

So, week 2 is under my belt of the lovely kindergarteners. Some may find these posts boring but nothing else is going on here in Augusta right now. Work, work, work. I have been there almost every day until about 6. I hope that ends soon. I can't even take a nap when I get home. I might as well just go to bed! I will have some wedding stuff and parties coming soon and that will be much more exciting!!! :)

So these are some lessons I learned this week. I thought my doggie wasn't potty trained the other day when he pooped inside. Lately, he has become a pooping and eating machine. I hope he isn't sick. But back to my kindergartners. They are the ones who are not potty trained!!!!

3. THEY CAN BE LITTLE CON-ARTISTS, ALREADY. One little girl in my room is a drama queen already and can be very convincing. Why didn't she put up her blanket at naptime? Because her momma told her not to. Why didn't she finish her work? Because her momma told her not to. Why did she bring her jump rope to school? Because her momma told her to. Oh and one little boy told me that he and his momma saw an alien on the way to school? How exciting. Should I be alarmed?!!!!

2. THEY STILL PEE IN THEIR PANTS. So the little girl who cried all day last week decided to pee in her pants and not tell me. I went searching to the art room where she said she peed in her pants and no evidence?!!!!! Oh my goodness.

1. THEY STILL POOP IN THEIR PANTS. WHAT? Yeah, I thought the same thing. I had a boy two days in a row poop in his pants. Oh my goodness. So his mom informed me about the first day. I thought there was an awful stench in the room. Guess it was just him. But the second day I put him in the bathroom gave him a change of underpants and when he came out his pants were on backwards (how did he get them zipped?) and his shoes were on the wrong feet. I give up!! :) Actually I just washed my hands about 17 times although I didn't touch anything. I just felt dirty like poop!

At least my job can be very entertaining...........

1 comment:

LeslieW. said...

I would have been mortified by this before kids...at least you're getting practice! I think they should be potty trined by then though! That's kinda gross...other people's kid's poop is so much worse than your own kid's.