Sunday, August 12, 2007

The First Day of School

Margarita???
OR Nap???

Remember when you were little and you would be sooo excited about the first day of school? I at least would when I got older because I got so bored of my parents and/or only hanging out with my sister. Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for kids and guess who isn't teaching fourth grade? Nope. I was supposed to teach fourth grade, my room was all set up for the lovely darlings, and at 4pm on Thursday, I was told that I am teaching kindergarten. OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHAT??? Yep, that's what I thought too. Why me? Well, I have been soooooo stressed out because I am getting my masters and had two papers to type, and all of this little people stuff to get ready. They may be crying tomorrow morning when their parents drop them off, and well, I might be too. Maybe I will have to buy my own mat and take my own little nappie with them. So don't come knockin' on Ms. Williams door tomorrow around 12. Hopefully, I will be teaching them how to take out their mats and take a nice little nappie. And I might need one, or a margarita, when school gets out at 3!! Wish me luck.......I had fifth graders last year!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

They really dropped the bomb on you! You will do fine...PS...really love the nap mat pic on your bloggie :)

LeslieW. said...

I saw you on Amy's blog, it's so fun to see what you're up to! Sucky about the last minute change, definately go for the Margarita...and maybe take a nap yourself afterwards! That sounds good to me!