Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NEW YORK CITY: The Crackers Go to the Big City

So, I just got back from NYC. We had a blast. Since we were in David Letterman's land, I figured I would post the Top Five .

5. Airport Waiting: This outdoes anything. The four of us put together wasted so much time at the airport. Thursday on the way out I was the lucky one. My plane was only delayed for like 2 hours or so...but I did wait at the ATL airport for quite some time. My mother told me I was going to get into Atlanta traffic!? Um, she must have missed that memo..made it to the airport in two hours with many hours until my plane took off. Freddie was the next to make it to NY. He left from Michigan and waited for quite some time and made it to NYC late Thursday night; however, he did not have any luggage the whole time he was there...he got it Saturday night at 2am and left Sunday at 1pm to go home. Robert and Natalie made it last to NYC on Friday..I will say that again, Friday, supposed to be there Thursday. They left from Columbia airport. Flight was cancelled. Waited all day. Spent the night at a Columbia airport, flew to ORLANDO the next morning, then to NYC. So they went from GA, to SC, to FL, to NY!!!! Airports suck!!!!!!

4. Widespread Dancing and Falling: Okay so everyone seems to dance at the Panic shows. I will say I did some dancing. Not that I am a good dancer since Robert told me, "it doesn't matter how you dance at the shows"...I think he was saying I was a bad dancer but oh well I don't care. But I am going to tell on myself. MANDOWN!!! describes me. We were leaving the panic show and I missed the last step on the carpeted staircase at Radio City Music Hall when boom, "MANDOWN!". I fell and somehow landed on all fours. All I remember is thinking, "I don't know anyone here. I don't care!" And then looking and only seeing shoes I did not recognize. I looked up, Freddie was behind me, pulled me up by my shirt, and all of these people I did not know asking me how if I was okay. It was the ones with me who were about to fall themselves due to uncontrollable laughter. I was just glad to be some form of entertainment.

3. New York Eating: There is so much food to eat in NYC I don't know where to start. We started at some Mexican place in the Village, then the Carnegie Deli where the men had the biggest rubens I have ever seen in my life, Brunch at the Bar Americain (Bobby Flay's restaurant..who Robert claims was lighting a candle in the men's restroom), a hot dog on the side of the street, beer at the Panic show at Radio City Music Hall, late night dinner at Junior's, lunch at Virgils for some NY bbq, some great thin crust pizza at John's Pizzeria, lunch again at Bobby Flay's, and I am sure I forgot something. Now, I might need to get a colon cleansing!!

2. Rickshaw Racing: So as we are leaving the Widespread show on Friday night, the boys (men) decide that we need to take a Rickshaw to the Carnegie Deli. When we asked how much the Russian men say, $30. I was like hell no! Well Robert and Natalie jumped on the back of one and Freddie and I jumped in the other. Robert and Freddie were yelling for the guys to race...and we raced right down the middle of the road in the middle of taxis and crazy New Yorkers. Freddie was even hitting the back of the seat like it was a horse......The Russians even pulled up on the sidewalk and dropped us off in front! Who can say they have raced down the streets of NYC???

1. Sweat Shop Shopping: So remember how your mom told you not to go in a dark alley by yourself?? Well, there were four of us. In order to find some great looking fake Coach bags, we followed some man down a dark alley, up six flights of stairs.....(and along the way we saw women sewing in hot sweaty rooms) to a room filled with all kinds of fake bags. I have never seen such. The oriental woman did say, "I give you good deal. You last customers!" I mean I think I got a good deal...guess we will see when the zippers fall off. However, when I left...I hauled butt out of there. Freddie was the first in line on the way up. He was trying to protect us. Said he was following so close in case he had to grab the guy by the back of his shirt and throw him over the stair banister. I mean that is true love!!

Stayed tuned for pictures tomorrow!!!

No comments: