Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Bye, Angela!!!"

SO I just had to tell everyone this funny story. Last night, I went to eat with my sister and one of her husband & wife friends. So they were a couple and we were a couple. Our waitress even asked us if we were sisters...yeah, not lesbians, thanks though. This place is next door to where my sister works, Soho. Anyhoo...There was this lady (sitting outside with her husband and children), who shall remain nameless, we will just call her "the Desperate Housewife". Well she doesn't really know my sister or I very well but was talking to me b/c her husband was staring straight ahead and wouldn't even acknowledge that other people were around. He probably has the personality of a wet paper bag. She must be very lonely. Well, my sister was talking to some other ladies, silly Soho clients as I call them, so I was stuck making small talk to the "Desperate House Wife", and when we were leaving the silly Soho clients say, "Bye!" and the Desperate Housewife yells to my sister Amanda, "Bye, Angela!" Amanda hadn't even acknowledged her or made eye contact b/c she always gets stuck talking to these "Hill Ladies" ....Well, we went into Soho for a second and laughed for a bit about her calling her Angela...came back out to really leave this time, and the woman yells again to my sister, "Bye, Angela!" So not once, now twice, has called her "Angela?" As least she knows her name starts with an A. I thought I was going to pee in my pants. I wanted to say, "her name is Amanda!!!!!" Well, who in their right mind would yell bye to someone that you haven't even said hey to? Apparently, only desperate housewives who have "woooonnnnnnnderfullll husbands and preeeeecccious children!" (As this woman as told me before......) SO, the moral of the story is: don't talk to strangers, or desperate house wives AKA Hill Ladies if they don't know your name!!!!!

No comments: