Wednesday, July 11, 2007

GUESS WHAT?????

GUESS WHO'S GETTING MARRIED???

Check out my pretty ring. He did it all by himself, I think!!!! And the correct size too.
Guess what? On July 9, 2007 Freddie and I got engaged!! YEAH!!! Apparently he was a sneak. He went about 2-3 weeks ago with him mom and sister to Atlanta, while I thought he was at work, to the mart and bought my ring. You see, he leaves the 16th to go to Michigan for 8 weeks. He must have wanted to make sure I was his "boo" before he left! So Monday, he went over to my mom and dad's house to make sure it was okay. Then he told me that we were going to eat dinner at Bonefish (my favorite) and then when I got to his house, I took Harley, my little doggie, out, and Freddie was pacing in the kitchen. I was wondering what the heck he was doing. He told me he had a present for me and I thought he was going to burp in my ear!! Don't ask me why. Then he pulled out my ring and said "Well?" I said, "You didn't say anything." So then he asked me to marry him and of course I said, "Yes!!!" while my hand was shaking! Then we went to Bonefish and celebrated and even got some free champagne!! I didn't have any pictures of us that night, except on my phone, because my sister had borrowed my camera. I guess he should have told her too!! :) We did go over to his mom's house after dinner. His brother's family was in town and everyone was just-a-waiting for us to show up. Apparently, his sister and brother had been driving him crazy. His brother is a Lt. Colonel??, (don't quote me on that one), in the army and was in town visiting before he goes to Iraq for 15 months...so they were calling Freddie asking, "Is the operation complete?" So to answer that question, now it is!!!

One of the best moments of the night, besides the actual engagement, was Freddie's niece, Logan. She wasn't there when we first got to his mom's house. She was at the GreenJackets game with Phil and Brice (Freddie's stepdad and nephew). Well, all I did was hold my hand up and she SCREAMED and then cried. Kind of reminded me of someone winning the Miss America Pagent. Maybe she is a little Miss America in training. Well anyway, it made my night. She calls me Aunt Jenna (long story). So maybe I will call her little Miss Beauty Queen!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you :)