Sunday, February 22, 2009

Before and After

Before Picture:After picture:

As many of you may know, my dad was recently dignosed with lung cancer. It is non squamous small cell adenocarcinoma. (I think that is the official diagnosis...I have tried to read up about it and get rather confused.) He has had his first round of chemo and he has responded well but just a few days ago he starting losing his hair so he got a buzz cut. He had gotten a short cut (well the shortest for him in a long time in my BEFORE picture. We think he likes his hair to show off to his friends that he has (had) hair and they didn't!). But now he has his shortest hairdo since he was in the National Guard. He gets his second round of chemo on Tuesday so we hope and pray it will work even better with his second round. The cancer is all spread out in his lungs and makes his breathing difficult; however, he does not have to be on the oxygen 24/7. Just when he thinks he needs it, when he is sleeping, or exerting a lot of energy. Please pray for my dad! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

He looks great! I will be praying for all of you!